Federico Makabenta (yenm@iconn.com.ph)
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 12:51:16 +0800

> Well Puru is an extreme (she's 10!). But talking about Lolikon in
> general, it's pretty normal for males to fantasize about females of about
> the same age group, but for grown men to freeze-frame Puru or Sailor Moon,
> that's pretty screwed-up

<snip>
But the animators took
> that and run with it and started doing suggestive scenes of bigger "kids"
> such as Frau, Mirai and eventually Evengelion's Rei and Asuka. (I am not
> saying Gundam was a bad offender, just straining very hard to keep it
> on-topic :)

Nice. Thanks for the info. Didn't know this... :)

> Ah sorry, my bad. I actually didn't say what McCarthy said in my last
> post. For me, McCarthy's point is interesting, because until I read her,
> I actually thought that there are a lot of perverts running around Japan
> peeking up school girls' skirts. Now I understand that as more of a
> result of censorship backfiring (blame it on the lawyers!).

Cool though. I really like what you said. Although personally, the Japanese
do have a very different idea of what sex is and what's proper with regards
to it - so it's best for those with western sentiments to try to understand
it without being to judgmental...

Fed