Kaworu Nagisa (17thangel@tokyo-3.com)
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 11:13:33 -0500

>No it won't. The fan base is too small to arouse any kind of controversy.
>But remember that Gainax has a tight grip on Evangelion - and has been known
>to use its muscle to enforce it too. I've heard of controversies between
>Gainax and the treatment of the show around Asia.
<snips>

 That's good...

>Channel 2 subs are too literal and lack subtle nuances in character - that's
>why their trans. of Tenchi sucks big time.

 But their dubbing has an artistic touch to it... what's too literal is the dubbing of G Gundam. Anyway, regarding Tenchi Muyo!, I don't agree with you on that. Why, Ryoko, Washuu, and Kiyone's voices are real turn-ons for me! ^^;

>Don't count on it. I heard about Evangelion 6 months prior to this - and
>from accurate insider sources. But I haven't been in touch lately - so I'm
>not too sure.

 Well, I heard the rumor about Evangelion three weeks ago at the most, might have been even just last week. I watched B'tX to Kenshin every afternoon, and the first Evangelion commercial I've seen was only yesterday, during Tenchi. Who knows, we might have Escaflowne very soon.

-Veilchen