garrick lee (kapshiaw@yahoo.com)
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 08:53:42 -0800 (PST)

> I dunno what happened to Gundam Wing here - (I
> didn't bother watching it) -
> but that should give you an idea as to how much the
> extent of the cutting
> could go. It would be more seamless for the US
> version I believe - but I
> believe the Filipinos who did watch it could give
> you a good indicator.

eh...what exactly are you implying, fed? hmm...

gundam wing did pretty well here. and fyi, no cuts
were made.

the tagalog dubbing was actually pretty good overall,
with just a few inconsistencies here and there.
(there are, however, some people who disdain anything
filipinized...) anyway, the opening and ending themes
were left untouched, in original japanese. as is
usual for all anime shown here.

contrary to public opinion, philippine tv stations
aren't all prudish pricks. especially not gma. look
at what they let bubble gang and local comedy scenes
get away with. 'course, they always stick a "parental
guidance" sign somewhere on the screen...but they're
not half as puritan (and hypocritical) as the great
western media consortium. with the likes of jerry
springer around, people raise a fuss over anime? :P

-garrick