Federico Makabenta (yenm@iconn.com.ph)
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 09:38:08 +0800

> when will they be holding a BattleTech tourney? My cards are literally
> rotting in storage because of unuse...and to think I had 3 Kai Allard
> Liaos here...

The last Battletech tourney was about 3 months after it first came out here.
The experience was bad and a Clan Wolf deck of a suspiciously similar design
to mine (maybe copied by the one who won) won the competition. I'm
sourgraping - I know - >:< - But I didn't join because I think the Magic:
Nationals was running at the same time I think. I was playing Magic actively
then.

Novelty isn't actively promoting it here - too small a fan base and Magic is
still king. Even L5R - which has a larger fan base - is not having tourneys.
They're selling the distribution rights for L5R for 30,000 pesos here. I
think it's a good deal. I wonder if they have a similar deal for Battletech?

Hey - I want one of your Kais! - How much? :)

Fed