Paul Fields (johnny_raiden@hotmail.com)
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 07:57:04 -0500

Ok, here is my last word on the NEW GUNDAM SHOW....

They should pull a George Lucas (no funny stuff, no Jar Jar)

This needs some planning, and lots of character design, to go
well, but here it is.

Reanimate the three movies, bring the MSG movies up to the
level of the Master Grade kits, also animate them in the 0080
and 0083 style, even Macross style would be good without
the big hair, however this fixes one problem with the original
series, bad hair, and dated animation. Things like Macross and
0083/0080 won't date because PEOPLE need to grow another
eye in the middle of their forhead for it not to look modern or
believable. but also add little things into it:

Add the 08th MS team shuttle scenes into the speech of Giren
Zavi after the death of his brother, forever resolving them into
the timeline.

Then add the taking of Odessa at least a few battle scenes to
the second movie, add the taking of California Base to it as
well, including Yu Kajima, and the Blue Destiny characters,
but only for a few seconds.

Then South Burning, Monsha, the Immortal 4th Platoon, Terry
Sanders, Yu Kajima all to the Battle of Abowaku... in the end
of the third movie.

Don't forget to add 0083 characters, and Zeta characters in
too they would only be a little younger, but there is a method
to my maddness.

ADD new characters to all of them in bit parts, and in passing
scenes at major places like Jaburo, and Luna II... this is what
will take all of the character design, and planning to pull off....
so far we've only used characters from other Gundam series.
At this point Bandai/Sunrise isn't in any more money than if
they just redid the movies with extra animation, and revised
screentime...

But then we start all of the REAL character design, like months
worth, and come up with STORY ideas for ALL NEW series.
Here we create enough add in people for five or six extra animes

Then...

Re-animate the ORIGINAL SERIES same redo of all the cast
and of all the scenes, but add EVEN MORE clips of battle in
all of the other places the Pegasus crew isn't. This is where we
cram all the new characters, ships, patrols, whatever this may
add a few more minutes overall airtime, but the overall effect is
when you finish you now have the ability to do for or five more
series with characters that are canon, and don't make for real
continuity problems.

Want more series after those 5, or 6, add those new characters
into the 5 or 6 new series, making them canon, then give them a
series all their own.... you can now go on until infinity or until you
animate all of the thousands of soldiers who lived in the Gundam
universe during the one year war...

Paul "it ain't over til its over" Fields