Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 23:01:12 -0800

Orochi asks,

>Had anybody noticed that there isn't a way to tell what the ranksare in
Zion ?
>The federations uses the old military badges on the uniform collar, but what
>did the Zions use to tell their rank apart ? I don't see badges anyway on the
>Zion uniform unless you consider the wavy design on the cape-like thing which
>is part of the formal uniform the badges.

  0080 introduced collar insignia for Zeons - which are displayed only on
their pilot suits - but actually, the chest insignia is actually a rank
indicator as well. The lower ranks (captain on down) are pretty
inconsistent, but the upper ranks (major through general) are actually
matched pretty precisely with the cape designs.

-- Mark