Wed, 1 Dec 1999 20:46:14 -0500 (EST)

Su, Rodrick wrote:
> Gundam's reactors are putting out 1380 kW of power. Translate that to
> today's usage, how much is that equivalent to? How many household does it
> average power? How is it compare to reactor output of Seawolf submarine
> reactor?

A hair dryer uses 1-2 kW, a regular PC (with monitor) uses about 0.5 kW.
Our house (an old 3 bedrooms house) is recently re-wired to 100 A, so
that's 11 kW. So a Gundam can power about 125 houses.

IF the power generator is the only source of power on RX-78 Gundam, and
taking the full weight of 60 tons (ref: Mecha Domain), 1380 kW will take
you from 0 to 60 miles/hr in under 16 seconds, assuming you are in space
(no friction). If you take the 0.93G acceleration figure, then you can go
from 0 to 60 in just under 3 seconds. So there's some inconsistency in
the figures.

One way to get around that is to call the 0.93G burst acceleration,
meaning you can't sustain that acceleration for a long time.

[question for the techheads, what's the maximum power output for, say, an
F-15 in level flight at say 30,000 feet?]

CHIN, Chien Ting
... o O *
Man is a bubble