(ZAMBONY@hitel.net)
Wed, 01 Dec 1999 12:44:51 +0900(KST)

Here's some news bits you guys may be interested...

1) Well, according to Hobby Japan's new release corner and Asahiya Shuppan's
   homepage [http://www.asahiya-jp.com/COMIC/COMIC.html], they finally crank
   up the long-awaited 'MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM THE MOVIES X : THE 08TH MS TEAM -
   MILLER'S REPORT' film comic. The ad flash says it is A5 size (as always)
   and priced Y1680(tax included). It features: [1] Film comic of Miller's
   Report [2] All story digest throughout the whole 12-part OVA series
   (including the epilogue special 'Last Resort'. No wonder why they were
   so slow-paced about this book. They must be waiting for the time when the
   whole story concluded.) [3] Special poster drawn by Haruhiko Mikimoto (as
   always). [4] Characters and mechanism guide [5] The original section
   called DOCUMENT OF 08TH TEAM (go figure). [6] some line arts (maybe). [7]
   Special messages from the production staffs. Note that the famous science
   lecture section GUNDAM UNIVERSE was NOT mentioned in the advertisement.
   (as their ENDLESS WALTZ film comic didn't, either)

2) ANIMAGE Dec.1999 issue (Tokuma Shoten, Y590) featured the 13-page special
   for Turn-A Gundam, including the memorial shots selected from the 1st &
   2nd season, interview with director Yoshiyuki Tomino, Turn-A glossary for
   the beginners, and so forth. That mysterious Turn-X (they used the letter
   'x' when it is simplified in one letter) showed up, but this article gives
   NOT much about it, except for the well-known fact that it would be Turn-A
   's ENEMY and NOT a Gundam at all... (Dec issue of Newtype features some
   more design arts and model kit mock-up pictures, but not so much detail
   either) Maybe we should wait for the next issue for more detailed info
   about that monster.

   And ad page says... Tokuma's A/V related mook series called 'GaZO' will
   feature the 100-page GUNDAM MILLENIUM SPECIAL in its issue #6, re-named
   'ROMAN ALBUM GaZO SPECIAL'. (Y1300, scheduled in mid-december 1999) And
   more than that: they're going to give you another special treat called..
   ALL ABOUT G-SAVIOR [!] in the said mook, too.

3) From the internet manga shopping mall named MANGA-OH, I found some juicy
   titles about Gundam in their new release list...
   [http://emall.justnet.or.jp/shop/jn_gaoh/mook/gasyu0.htm]

   Gundam Meets the 20th Year! (Kadokawa, now on sale, Y1575)
   M.S. Memorial -The Best Mobie Suit- (Media Works, now on sale, Y2625)
   Kunio Okawara Artbook (3) : GUNDAM DESIGN WORKS (Movic, now on sale, Y2310)
   Kunio Okawara Artbook (4) : VOTOMS DESIGN WORKS (Movic, late-nov, Y2200)
   Moblie Suit Gundam : One Year War SAGA (Rapport, 11/26, Y1400)
   Mobile Suit Gundam EPISODE GUIDE vol.3 (Kadokawa, mid-nov, Y1680)
   GUNDAM BIBLOS (Movic, late-nov, Y3150)

and just some questions about Gundam related books...

1) Does anyone have the third book of Dengeki Entertainment Bible series,
   titled 'Kidoubutoden G-Gundam Big Picture Book'? I've been trying to
   get a copy for several years, but this one is long out of print. What
   I want to know exactly is, what did the Shindosha writers say about
   all that funky technology and society of Future Century universe featured
   in G-Gundam, in its OFFICIAL REPORT and MS DEVELOPMENT HISTORY sections?
   Just some kind of weird speculations and cooked-up stuffs by themselves,
   (like Rapport Deluxe series did) or more decent and reliable explanation
   distributed by the anime staffs? (like V-Gundam Dengeki EB did :)

2) Does anyone buy the 'Victory Gundam Data Collection' published by Media
   Works? I wonder how it is different from its 2-part Dengeki EB counterpart.
   Did they add any new material (like Gundam F91 Data Collection did), or
   just repeat the old stuffs again and again? Please tell me if you can.

3) Do you collect Model Graphix? If you do, could you tell me which issue
   featured the articles like [1] 'Around the Zeta Plus World'(multi-parter),
   [2] 'Gundam Sentinel 0079' and [3] the history of Sentinel's Core Fighter
   variation (whose title I don't know exactly)? [1] was mentioned by Eiji
   Hayashi and Mark Simmons in the recent thread 'Pseudo Gundams', and [3]
   was mentioned in an old post by Mark Simmons 3 years ago. I heard about
   [2] in personal conversation with my modeler friends long ago. I myself
   don't build the model kits, but am interested in collecting and analysing
   the undocumented side story materials from the 80's, so if someone tell
   me which issue featured them, it would be very helpful for me to try
   borrowing the issues from a friend of mine who's collecting the magazines.
   (photocopy, ahoy! :-)

4) Why no ZZ-related reprints or memorial publication? Kadokawa reprinted
   all their 80's Gundam-titled 100% Collection except for the ZZ issue,
   and they even reprinted the F91 one, but no ZZ. Asahiya seems to have no
   plan to produce the ZZ counterpart for their 2-part ZETA GUNDAM FILM BOOK
   and of course, those legendary ANIMEDIA SPECIAL ISSUE : GUNDAM ZZ PART 1
   & 2 is long out of print and Gakken has no time for reprinting them, it
   seems!

   Why?

-Sunwook 'lurk in space!' Kim

jcX