-Z- (Z@Gundam.Com)
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 16:00:10 -0800

At 20:42 11/29/1999 +0800, you wrote:
>I'm new to the gundam scene. I just saw Endless Waltz on VCD and my
>curiousity has been thoroughly aroused. I was just wondering, why the
>radical change ("custom" as Bandai puts it) in the look of four of the
>gundams? Is there a reason within the story? Or was it just an artistic
>whim?

It was a change of audience.

The Gundam Wing TV series was aimed at the kids, with bright primary colors
and a line of toys, some with electronic sound effects. There were models,
too, of course, but older fans were not really considered at first.

The Gundam Wing OVA series, Endless Waltz, was targeted at an older
audience, with more "realistic" somber colors and a line of models.

-Z-