Kaworu Nagisa (17thangel@tokyo-3.com)
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 10:13:30 -0500

>I know the feeling. I don't have an opinion until I have lots of pictures and
>info about the plot, story, character descriptions, reason for robot designs,
>etc. I figure that crystal/rock guy is a new alien or a highly evolved
>Invid. Remember, Robotech has Macross animation, but the story is different
>then Macross. I say this, because you probably won't, but I want to avoid a
>Macross vs. Robotech debate. I accept Macross as Macross and Robotech as
>Robotech.

>Aaron

 Well, I always prefer the original. I hate adaptation (if
the term applies to Robotech) like Power Rangers, VR Troopers, Beetle Borgs, etc. I hate 'em probably because
those mess-ups are taking more credit than the originals.

 Well, maybe Robotech and Voltron (cartoon) wasn't such a
mess-up, but I can't stand seeing all those western names
in the credits. Yes, they did some editing and all, but who was it who did the animation? Those guys are hugging
all the credit as well. And what ticks me off is when I
hear people who know worse (in contary to "better"), say
things like "Voltron's this, Voltron's that...", well, what in the heck happened to "Dairugger XV" or "Golion V"?

 While I'm at it, I might as well say that when I recall
thinking that Voltron is the original and Golion V is a
mere copycat back in my childhood days, it turns my guts upside-down and I just wanna puke it all out. Geez...

-Veilchen