Fri, 26 Nov 1999 18:23:59 -0500 (EST)

MS06ZAK@aol.com wrote:
> Yeah, I agree. To be honest I would've liked to see a MG Retroconned Zugock
> that actually looked Katoki-ish. Instead these new kits look like the old
> 70's kits.

Yes sure, a lot of serious fans (including me) want retroconned kits.
But I am pretty happy with the HGUC philosophy. Which I venture to say is
the same philosophy as the PG Gundam/Zaku, i.e. be as close as possible to
the original anime, retroconning only to improve flexibilty and slight
adjustment to proportions. Now I wouldn't mind getting both the
cannonical and the Katoki versions. But taking care of the basics first
is a good idea.

It's unfair to say HGUC looks like 70s kits, first of all, there was no
Gundam in the 70s ;) And if you stand a 1980s Guncannon or Gyan next to a
HGUC, the improvement is pretty obvious. Technically, HGUC is the same as
08MST HG, but they pumped out 6 in 7 months (with an 7th coming out in the
9th month), compare to 7 08MST kits in 40 months. HGUC is coming out fast
and furious. I think that's a sign that the HGUC are doing very well in
the market.

CHIN, Chien Ting
... o O *
Man is a bubble