MS06ZAK@aol.com
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 10:59:04 EST

In a message dated 11/25/99 3:22:22 AM Central Standard Time,
gaijin@i-manila.com.ph writes:

<< Yeah, and then I would really support funding for the first MS just to make
 sure it can step on his house. Admittedly, Macek did wonders for intro'ing
 anime into US mainstream, but please, Gundam is way too sacred for me....I
 think I now know how some macross purists felt about what he did...

Still, the only reason he sodomized Macross was that it was the only way he
could get it to America, originally he only wanted to do an unblemished
Macross Translation, but there weren't enough episodes. A lot of people are
under the misconception that he wanted to destroy the show, but if he hadn't
done what he had done, many people wouldn't have ever been exposed to Macross
at all.

Jason