Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 03:51:23 +0800

>> I don't like Spawn's overuse of gore and violence though...I prefer the
>> stylized violence of Japanese anime, though I suppose that's a matter of
>> cultural taste.
>Same here. Another reason I hate Spawn is the source of his powers. One
issue
>had him destroying beings from Heaven. I threw away the comic after only
>reading two issues of it.

Yes, it doesn't have the depth of personal redemption common to dark
characters in Japanese anime. case in point, the detective in Kenshin, or
even Char himself. These are essentially flawed characters, acting to the
best of their abilities....Spawn, well, I just find it so...distasteful.
probably a personal bias on my part.

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter