Kaworu Nagisa (17thangel@tokyo-3.com)
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 11:30:56 -0500

>> I buy anime-related stuff (including toys/figures/models)
>> for the sake of collecting and fandom.
>
> I buy anime-related stuff(toys/figures/models/CDs) because I like the show
>and want stuff to remind me of it, other then having the series to watch.

 That's basically the same reason as mine...

>I've tired collecting every toy from a show and I can never stick with it. I
>usually end up just buying the main mecha and/or characters of an anime.

 Well, I only buy stuff related to my favorite characters.
I usually pick two from one anime (one guy one girl). And,
that's basically the core of my fandom for that particular anime.

>> Uh... so how about a 20 yr. old guy who considers anime characters as
>"role
>> models"? No particular reason at all, just plain curious... ^_^;
>
> Well, your an adult, so you can make your own choices. Just don't starting
>acting like one of those psycho mecha pilots or anime characters ^_^ As long
>as your anime "role model" is sane and somewhat normal, you should be fine. :)

 You don't have to worry about that... how about Tokiya Mikagami (Flame of Recca), Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho), George
D' Sande (G Gundam) and Fao Lafine (B't X)? They aren't only bishonen, but are also very gentlemanly and intelligent. Don't they just make such good role models?

 Though, I have to admit that I'm kinda like Wufei, but not as loud. Besides, I'm too passive to put any vindication into action ^^; But if there are characters whom I can identify with (personality-wise), I guess it would be Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy 7 and Squall Leonhart from FF8.

-Veilchen