Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 01:15:41 -0800

Rodrick Su asks,

>Can someone explain the purpose of ZZ Gundam's transformation into
>G-Fortress mode? Zeta's waverider form I can understand it as an effort to
>maximunized thrust and re-entry capable, but what's ZZ's official excuse
>into the G-Fortress?

  Beats the heck out of me. If all else fails, you can usually
rationalize the transformation as a way to line up all the thrusters
behind the center of mass, but that's a pretty weak reason compared to
the Z Gundam's useful re-entry mode. The G-Fortress isn't even
streamlined or aerodynamic - it's hard to believe that this mode is
particulary well-suited to atmospheric flight...

  However, it is a cute homage to the classic G-Armor. :-)

-- Mark