BlazeEagle@aol.com
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 18:13:42 EST

In a message dated 11/21/1999 10:01:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
eacmd@hotmail.com writes:

> I agree with Richie - I have no problems letting my sons (7 and 13 yrs.
old)
> watch GW. They may "look" like terrorists in the beginning but their
actual
> personalities are quite different. Kids who are old enough to follow the
> storyline will eventually figure that out.

  Yep, I agree with you.

> My 7 yr. old will probably like the "kewl robots" and the fighting (heck,
he

  Yes, I think that's a boy thing(I figure it applies to some girls, too). I
remember being like that, and am still kind of that way, that's why I also
build Gundam model kits and buy the toys. :)

> likes anything that has robots and fighting). My 13 yr. old will probably
> like the story. Being a young kid exposed only to more recent animation,
he

> found First Gundam's story to be really good but didn't like the dated
> animation (in his words, "these people look weird"). He's watched the raw
> Japanese GW with me and really liked the animation. Since this is the
> target age group for Toonami, I still think GW is the best choice out of
the

> Gundam series.
>
> As for role models, I really don't expect normal 13 yr. olds to consider
> anime characters to be "role models". Kids who do have more serious
mental
> problems...

Very well said. Another person with some sense.