BlazeEagle@aol.com
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 00:24:26 EST

In a message dated 11/21/1999 12:05:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
17thangel@tokyo-3.com writes:

> Yes, so do I. One of the wonders of anime is that some
> characters aren't just "bad" or "evil" without a reason.
> And sometimes, these "bad guys" have a noble intent beneath their cruel
acts
> (Master Asia for example...)

  So do I. Most anime characters are "real" people. I get so tired of the one
sided heroes and villains of a lot of American cartoons. Real people are not
perfect and most accept this, and try to be the best they can. If there was a
"perfect" person, he/she would be very dull and boring to be around, wouldn't
they?

> Wasn't it that they had to use "extreme tactics" because
> their enemy (OZ) is a far bigger body than any of the five
> Gundams and their pilots?

  I think you are right. When you are out numbered, you'd probably do some
bad things to, just to stay alive. A Gundam show is supposed to tell about
how bad wars are, isn't it? To do this, you most shock the audience. That's I
hope Wing and any other Gundam shown on US TV, will be left untouched. We
need stuff to remind us of the evils of war, even if the reasons for a war
are just. To help was think about the gains and loses of a war. The US civil
war made the US a better price, but not all wars have a good affect on
humanity.

> Yeah... I guess they would be. But then, when did a world
> ever became "just".

  Not too often, as far as I know. If the world was just, all anime, Japanese
games, all foreign entertainment forms in general, would be available in
every language spoken today, including English, we would have world peace,
hate wouldn't exist, etc.

  Aaron