BlazeEagle@aol.com
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 00:04:07 EST

In a message dated 11/20/1999 11:22:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
leew5@earthlink.net writes:

> but you have to admit about 98% of the Series shown is
> old stuff.

  Yes, but about 8% are old, but are not unknown in the US. A US release of
the PSX SRW games could/would generate a demand for these oldies, but goodies
shows. I had no interest in seeing ANY Super Robot shows, until I played SRW.

  My point is, Front Mission 3 isn't well known in the US either, but they
decided to release that in the US, so why not SRW or the SD SRW-like Gundam
games? There's enough anime fans that are probably interested in seeing a US
release of SRW. I don't really see the older SRW's doing good, but the ones
with Evangelion, Gundam, and Macross mecha would probably do well, maybe even
the SRW-like Gundam games, too.

  I read in a game magazine, that Nintendo didn't think PokeMon would do well
in the US, but look how popular it is! All PokeMon's profits couldn't have
come from kids and parents, there's has to be some adults that like PokeMon.
My point is, a lot of Americas popular cartoons and video games, are and
where, of Japanese origin. Examples, the Metal Gear NES games, Metal Gear
Solid, Mario, Zelda, Voltron, the Japanese robots that Shogun Warriors was
based on, Final Fantasy, DigiMon, Power Rangers the list goes on and on. All
of these where at first, where hardly known to the US, until they where
played or watched. SRW stands a very good chance of doing well in the US.
Anime gets a bad rap sometimes, but an awful lot of America's most popular
properties are or are based on anime. Whew!, is my point made? Need I go on?
:)

  SRW's story line, what I gather from playing the game, is that real and
super robots that are and are not from the same series, fight together. Could
someone give me a basic idea of SRW's story line? Like, other then the
obvious reasons, are a ton of mecha anime robots in one game and story line?
Sorry for the rant.

  Aaron