Tomonaga (Tomonaga@xtra.co.nz)
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 08:31:10 +1300

I don't know the 'official' English titles, or if there is such a thing
but I picked up some mistakes in the titles below so I will comment on
them.

Charles Yam wrote:

> Hi,
> I need some assitance regarding Gundam Z and ZZ Gundam music.
>
> Gundam Project site english titles for Gundam Z singles:
> 1) Zeta, Transcending Time (Opening song)
> 2) To the Planet of Water with Love (Ending song)
> 3) Believe The Starry Sky (Ending song)
>
> English titles for Gundam Z singles i saw elsewhere:
> 1) Z Toki wo Koete [Z Beyond Times] (Opening song)
> 2) Miru no Hoshi e Ai wo Komete [Filling The Star Of Water With Love]
> (Closing song)
> 3) Believe The Starry Sky (Closing song)

Z Gundam

1) I would go with the Gundam Project title as it is the more apt
translation.

2)'Mizu no hoshi' is literary 'star of water' but it refers to Earth, so
'planet of water' or 'the water planet' is the more appropriate
translation.

So 'To the planet of water with love' or 'To the water planet with love'
is appropriate.

3)Believe the Starry sky - is the actual and only title of this song.

> Gundam Project site english titles for ZZ Gundam singles:
> 1) Silent Voice
> 2) Galaxy of a Hundred Million Years
>
> English titles for Gundam Z singles i saw elsewhere:
> 1) Anime ja nai [It's Not Anime]
> 2) Jidai ga Naite-iru [The Era Is Crying]
> 3) Isenman-nen Ginga [10 Million Years Milky Way]
> 4) Silent Voice

ZZ Gundam

1)Anime ja nai [It's not anime] is the op song for the first half of the
season. And this title is correct.

2)Jidai ga naite-iru [The era is crying] is the ending song for the first
half of the season and this title is also correct.

3)Silent Voice is the actual and only title for the op song of the second
half of the season.

4)Issenman-nen ginga - Gundam Project has the number wrong. Issenman = 10
million and 'ginga' can be translated as galaxy or Milky Way there is no
distinction between the two.The alternate title is the more correct.

My translation would be
'10 Million year galaxy' or '10 Million year Milky Way' without the 's' on
the end of 'year'.

Tet