Tomonaga (Tomonaga@xtra.co.nz)
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 07:53:49 +1300

The Rick Dias Amuro piloted was the one that was left behind for the Kalaba to
use (Appoli's #3). Roberto and Appoli's Rick Dias remained black as long as they
were using it i.e even after Char got his Hyakushiki and they went to Earth the
first time around. The red Rick Dias which Appoli piloted later on in the series
is the red replacement one(Rick Dias #4) which Emma Sheen (I mistakenly referred
to her as Emily) piloted before she switched to the Mk II.

But come to think there might have been one or two other red ones in the show
piloted by commanders of Nemo squads, but not a squad of Rick Dias. i.e the Rick
Dias was reserved for experienced aces ? But still cannot be called mass
produced.

Tet