-Z- (Z@Gundam.Com)
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 13:55:44 -0800

At 01:47 11/14/1999 +0800, you wrote:

>It seems to me that the title of a Gundam series hints at any possible
>mid-series upgrades. An example is "Zeta Gundam". It would proably be
>named "Mark-II Gundam" if there wasn't an upgrade. If Turn-X was an
>gundam upgrade, the series' title would be Turn-X Gundam instead of
>Turn-A Gundam.

By that reasoning, a couple of the last few Gundam series should've been
called Mobile Suit V2 Gundam and After War Gundam Double X, with the OAV
series Mobile War Chronicle Gundam Wing Zero: Endless Waltz. (^_^)

Mobile Fighter G-Gundam at least intimated the God Gundam, very cannily
avoided the G word and all the flak that would likely bring. 08th MS Team
neatly avoids the who mess by not naming the Gundam at all, a ploy also
used in CCA, Gundam 0080 and Gundam 0083.

>Anyway, the December issue of Newtype magazine features Turn-X on the
>cover. I haven't read it, but there might be more infomation on Turn-X
>in it. Until more information is avaliable, we shouldn't really make
>much comments on it.

By that reasoning, we wouldn't discuss any Gundam show until it had been
released in its entirety and fully documented.... (-_-)

Seriously, your point that we should refrain from going off half-cocked is
well taken.

-Z-