Tue, 09 Nov 1999 20:48:49 -0500

Chien Ting Chin wrote:
>Looks like about 100 pages of story guide (which is not very
interesting)
>and about 130 pages of design works (which is vert interesting)? Do
these
>books give a glimpse into the artistic process? I really like to see
some
>early concept drawings and pencil story boards. But it's much more
common
>to find concept drawings from US production (such as Star Wars) than
from
>Japanese productions.

Nope, sorry no concept drawings that I saw.

>> from, albeit at a perplexingly higher price) for $22.99 and $24.99
>What are the Yens prices?

Sorry, dont know, you'd have to run a conversion.

>Excellent summary! Thanks! I am tempted to buy them now. But you didn't

>explicitly say how you personally like them. Let's hear it!

I think they're great. Probably my best reference source.

>I resisted buying MS Encyclopedia because I don't want to buy some book

>just on weaponry. Most other books also focus on weaponry and
technology.
>I likely will buy MS Era, but that (propably) won't go behind the
scene.

Well, I have to admit that that was the main reason I bought these two
books. They have a good deal more lineart of weapons for instance that
isnt shown in MS Encyclopedia, as well as ships, vehicles and
characters. I cant read Japanese, so the lineart is always my priority.
I cant really comment too much on the story info, although it does seem
pretty extensive.

Neil Baumgardner