Chaos025@aol.com
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 21:11:43 EST

In a message dated 11/5/99 11:55:28 AM Mountain Standard Time,
gundam@loop.com writes:

> In a way it was - the mag coat-upgraded RX-78-2 in the TV series was
supposed
> to have the same performance as the G-3, but it did not have that grey
color
> scheme. I don't remember if the novel version replaced it with the G-3,
> though.

In the novels, the G-2 was destroyed at the Texas colony, and the G-3 was
reconstructed from the remains of the G-1. It had the mag-coating, but was
painted battleship gray to help hide it in space. In a Minovsky particle
enriched environment, if you can't be seen then you can't be hit.

SJ