MS06ZAK@aol.com
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 00:43:33 EST

In a message dated 11/4/99 6:15:02 PM Central Standard Time,
chinc@sten.sunnybrook.utoronto.ca writes:

<< Hi folks. I've sent this email 3 times already, and there seems to be
 some problem with them. I hope I am not generating 4 copies of this
 already. If so, I apologize in advance. I hope you can understand if I
 am a little anxious to get this out sooner.

 am working with the web masters of both sides to see if we can found the
 source of the pranks. It should be possible to track the IP address of
 the source and with that hopefully the ISP of the prankster will take
 appropriate action.

 The help I am asking of you is to let me know whenever you see something
 of questionable nature associated with my alias (Core), my real name
 (CHIN, Chien Ting), my email addresses ((CHIN, Chien Ting), my email addresses (chinc@sten..., core@gundam.com,
 ct_chin@...) or Newtype Asylum. I will deal with them and hopefully find
 more leads to identify the pranskter. So far the attacks have been pretty
 sophomoric but I don't know what else was done. Luckily the more
 successful and more visible pranks are also easier to track.

 I hope this doesn't cause undue alarm to the GML members, these pranks
 have so far amazed rather than worried me. (to be honest, I am a little
 tickled to be engaged in some real life cyberpunk action) But still I
 hope the same thing doesn't happen to any other list members.

The suprising thing is that once someone spoofed my AOL account and sent out
a batch of Porn SPAM to other AOL people. They all kept sending me "remove
me from your mailing list" mails and I had nothing to do with it. But then
again my password at the time was gundam. SO I was pretty stupid as that
Gundam was mentioned in the interests section of my profile.

Jason