Chaos025@aol.com
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 20:09:35 EST

In a message dated 11/4/99 3:47:00 AM Mountain Standard Time, gundam@loop.com
writes:

> See my previous post. I think the only reason the Fed officers knew about
> it was because of Cima. The conflict between the Fed higher-ups (some of
> which eventually become part of Titans) and Albion was not apparent until
> after we were shown that Cima had a secret alliance with the Feds. I think
> it's kind of stretching it to say that the guys who wanted to form Titans
> cooked up the Gundam Project just so that Delaz can get agitated enough to
> engineer their Operation Stardust so they'd get an excuse to clean house
> both
> within the Fed and with the spacenoids. There are simply too many
variables
> involved to be a good plan when you take Murphy's Law into consideration.

Well, let's see. If a cabal of Fed officers devised a plan to create an
autonomous force with in (but separate from) the Federation military, they
would need an aggressor worthy of this action. The Delaz and Cima fleets
where readily available for that role. Next, they would need a symbol, so the
Gundam Project was suborned to fill this role. Delaz needed Axis to survive
Operation Stardust, but the Federation did not, so a treaty was made between
the Feds and Axis to allow Delaz an opportunity to retreat-in-order. Cima was
to be a sacrificial lamb, but she took an opportunity to reverse the dagger,
and turn on Delaz.

But with all this maneuvering, the facts remain that Delaz ordered Gato to
adjust the course of the colony drop so that it would hit a non-critical
location on Earth, several Fed officers know about Operation Stardust and did
nothing to stop it from happening, and the guy in charge of the Solar System
II ended up being in charge of the Titans.

SJ