Y. Choe (choey@usa.net)
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 16:51:08 -0800

> Richard Ramos wrote:
> >Hmmm, I've been thinking about this...is age a factor for
> piloting skills?

Maybe.

The experience counts, no doubt. May of Fed's aces seem to have some
experience in piloting other types of vehicles such as fighters (and Mobile
Suits, when you get down to the basics, are huge fighters with legs) and
bombers. Of course, nothing can really substitute genuine war experiecne
with anything else.

I dunno if Radar will count for much. While it is true that Radar has
changed the face of combat, some air to air combat are still done with very
little to no radar. Again, all of these is from my own experience of
playing Sim games, but from what I gather, your stealth advantage is gone
once you go in with full radar. Yea, you can see everyone, but then again,
the SAMs can see your butt miles away, and blow you out before anyone can
even break a sweat.

Y. Choe