Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Thu, 04 Nov 1999 16:38:08 +0800

>* Steamrollers are aggressive types who favor in-your-face frontal
>assaults, raining blows on their enemy to keep them off-balance.
>Experienced pilots can almost always dodge a frontal attack, but if you
>keep pressing the attack, sooner or later they might slip up and take a
>hit. Char, for all his acrobatics, basically sticks to this tactic; ZZ's
>Rakan Dakaran, overall a mediocre pilot, gets a lot of mileage out of it.

Yes, I can see this as a valid point, but one needs a good MS to keep it up.

>* Bushwackers are cunning, devious pilots who eschew easy-to-evade
>frontal attacks in favor of taking potshots from the rear or other blind
>spots. When engaged in a duel, they try to wriggle out of it and drop out
>of the enemy's field of view so that they can come in from another
>direction and catch the foe off-guard. Frequently, bushwackers will
>sacrifice spare weapons as decoys, distracting the enemy so that they can
>ambush them from behind. Amuro Ray and Anavel Gato are masters of this
>technique.

THese guys would require not so much an armored MS but as very fast MS for
this.

>* Blitzers or snipers are similar to bushwackers, but lack the skill to
>escape a duel. Instead, they hide behind asteroids and colonies, popping
>up to take potshots at their targets, and try to avoid close combat and
>running battles at all costs. Camille Vidan, a textbook example,
>frequently has to be rescued by his sidekicks when he gets stuck in a
>duel and can't get away to launch surprise sniper attacks.

I dunno...this is what I usually do when I play the gundam games...seems to
be the best option.

>* Pluggers - for want of a better term - are defensive players, who
>manage to stay calm and collected even under continuing attacks from
>bushwackers or steamrollers. By continually dodging and deflecting enemy
>attacks, they can tie up otherwise dangerous foes in time-wasting
>sparring matches, and may even be able to sneak in the occasional
>counterattack. This tactic is typically the province of secondary
>characters like Emma Sheen and Marbet Fingerhut, but V Gundam hero Usso
>Ebbing also fits the profile.

Hmmm. Classic float like a butterfly and sting like a bee...

> Gato, clearly, is a sneaky bastard just like Amuro. He uses spare
>weapons as decoys, and loves to somersault over his enemy so he can
>attack 'em from behind. As Amuro proves over and over again, these
>tactics are very effective against Char - the Red Comet is prone to
>distraction anyway, so once you become confident enough to weather his
>initial barrage of attacks, it's quite possible to drop out of his field
>of view and then hit him from his blind spot. Gato, like Yazzan Gable, is
>a rotten shot but a master at these sneaky tactics; I'd give him good
>odds of kicking Char's ass.

Hmmm. I haven't thought of it that way. It is possible now to think of
Gato as capable of it. the only problem being Char's newtype abilities.

> Kou Uraki, the talented amateur, tends to stay on the defensive when
>fighting Gato. His saving grace here is his superb reaction speed; every
>time Gato takes a swipe at him, he comes up with a last-minute evasive
>manuever, or sacrifices some part of his Gundam to deflect the blow. This
>pretty much nullifies Gato's efforts to catch him off-guard, since he can
>always save himself at the last second. Against the nonstop in-you-face
>barrage of Char, however, this nervous rookie would probably panic and
>get himself killed.

That I agree with...Kou would be a very nice target for Char's style.

> Amuro versus Gato would be pretty weird, since they'd both be obsessed
>with squirming away for a surprise attack. I have to wonder whether
>they'd ever finish the fight, or whether it might come down to a
>simultaneous surprise attack where the fastest draw wins...
>-- Mark

In this case, i think It would come down to who has a better handle of his
MS.

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter