Ulrich Massamba (anavel@bocal.cs.univ-paris8.fr)
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 06:41:16 +0100

On Wed, 03 Nov 1999, -Z- wrote:
> At 13:25 11/1/1999 -0800, you wrote:
> >
> >>Actually Char is definitely better than Gato, Char Fights for revenge and the
> >>true nature of Zeon was peaceful until the Zabi's murdered his father and
> >>bragged about it.
> >
> >I don't recall the Zabi family ever bragging about assassinating Zeon Daikum.
> >If anything, the assassination was kept a secret, and everyone believed
> >that Daikum died of natural causes - IIRC, old Zabi poisoned Daikum.
>
> Even the timelines have been cagey about this. The phrasing of the UC
> 0068.10 entry, as translated by Mark Simmons and shamelessly lifted by me,
> is: "Zeon Zum Daikun dies of unknown causes (possibly assassinated) and is
> succeeded by former advisor Degwin Sodo Zabi."
>
> Some earlier fannish translations had it as "under mysterious
> circumstances" instead of "unknown causes" but, either way, there's never
> been any evidence that Daikun was assassinated, only supposition by the
> likes of Jinba Lal, who passed it on to Cassoval (AKA Edward AKA Char AKA
> Quattro) as he was growing up on Earth. Cassoval and Artesia (AKA Sayla)
> were about 9 and 6, respectively, when their father died, so Cassoval (now
> Edward Mass) was probably the same age as Al Izuruha in Gundam 0080 (about
> 10) when Jinba Lal began preparing him to take his revenge and fulfill his
> destiny, in that order.
>
> By the way, nearly a year went by between the death of Daikun (0068.10) and
> the establishment of the Zeon Principality (0069.08.15). It was the
> assassination on that date of Sasuro Zabi, Degwin's second son, and the
> subsequent purge of all Daikun sympathizers by Gihren, Degwin's first son,
> that prompted Lal to bolt to Earth with the Daikun kids.
>
> If you really want speculation, my own pet theory is that Gihren was behind
> his younger brother's assassination, literally killing two birds with one
> stone to put an end to a little sibling rivalry and give himself an excuse
> to clean house within the new government....

I know that Gihren is a bastard (excuse me) but i think you are going too far
by pretending he killed his own brother even if that seems possible.
I have only one question, if you are right about this why Gihren didn.t
kill earlier his "old man", Kishiria and Dozuru the only persons capable of
stopping him in gathering all the power in his hand.

-- Ulrich "Anavel Gato" Massamba
Homepage: http://inferno.cs.univ-paris8.fr/~anavel/
Email: anavel@bocal.cs.univ-paris8.fr ICQ UIN: 53581146
IRC Server: irc.kewl.org Channels: #Startrek #Anime #Paris8