Chaos025@aol.com
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 21:38:23 EST

In a message dated 11/1/99 9:06:57 AM Mountain Standard Time, rsu@tigana.com
writes:

> No, Gato just bought the crap that Giren Zabi was selling to his people.
> Char knows better. As for not trying to fulfill his father's teaching?
> What do you think Char was doing in "Char's Counterattack"?

Giren Zabi's "crap" is only crap to Feds and Gundam fans. The vast majority
of Zeon believed in what Giren created. Just like Germany followed Hitler,
Rome followed Nero, and the Democrats followed Kennedy. Just because Gato was
loyal to his people, and willing to follow their beliefs, doesn't make him
less of a person (even for an anime character).

Char in CCA was just Char. As far as I could see, Char was still following a
personal agenda to the detriment of his forces. Char wanted to fight Amuro.
End of story. And Amuro still won.

SJ