Mon, 1 Nov 1999 20:56:21 -0500

>I like Syd's designs. I saw his Yamato design and I don't see why its so bad,
>either. Yes, I've seen the original Yamato also. That's such a small picture
>of the Bound Doc, so I don't know what to think. I don't like the original
>Bound Doc anyway, its design is too werid. I don't know why people have a
>problem with the new designs, previous Gundam shows had really weird and
>freaky mecha too. Alot of the MA's are werid looking.
>
>Aaron

Well the Bound Doc is one of my Favorite designs,if you ignore the oversized
skirt it is THE coolest MA. I've alway wanted it but I couldn't dish out that
much for a b-club. I like original MS's and MA's and Bound Doc looks so
freakin cool but Syd Mead made it look like a floating Pyramid as opposed to
the original rounder skirt and though I like some Syd Mead redesigns (i.e.
Ifreat) he really overdoes the panel lines and he is too much of a 2D
designer. His ideas may have been good but I really wish he would stop by now,
in an interview with him he stated something like "If people don't like the
designs I would Hardly consider them successful" or something like that.

Original Bound Doc:
http://www.hlj.com/cgi-bin/hljpage3.cgi?BCL1850

Syd's "improved" version:

http://www.amotokyo.com/gundamhp/tagundam/onairreport/1028tagundam/12.gif