Mon, 1 Nov 1999 18:37:42 -0500

>In a message dated 11/1/99 2:33:41 PM Central Standard Time,
>MasterAsia@MailAndNews.com writes:
>
><< Oh my god!! is that red thing it?!! that isn't a bound Doc and it looks
>like a
> big red flying pyramid!!! Oh my God Syd Mead Bastardized another Classic MS,
> Thanks a lot Syd.
> >>
>I wouldn't go blaming Syd just yet. He isn't designing all of the mecha,
>just the new stuff. As far as retoconning I think that would be good old
>Kunio Okawara. If you notice the "Borjarnos", or Zaku II's as they would
>regularly be called, look a little cartoony compared to the now accepted Zaku
>Designs. And don't forget they shrunk the Capule/Kapool. Add to that that
>the Bound Doc was probably a prototype... Well let's just say they can
>probably rationalize the change in their own minds.
>
>Jason

Hm.... good point but the only other person on the design list for this is
Kunio Okowara and his designs can be told apart so easily,Waddo and eagle are
some of Okowara's designs. Syd makes most of his MS's in simple Geometrical
shapes and many useless panel lines as opposed to Okowara's designs which are
more Gundam-ish, he still keeps the crotch plates and the corners aren't as
"angular" as Syd Mead.So Kunio design catch my eye more !!

- Roger