MS06ZAK@aol.com
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 16:29:42 EST

In a message dated 11/1/99 2:33:41 PM Central Standard Time,
MasterAsia@MailAndNews.com writes:

<< Oh my god!! is that red thing it?!! that isn't a bound Doc and it looks
like a
 big red flying pyramid!!! Oh my God Syd Mead Bastardized another Classic MS,
 Thanks a lot Syd.

I wouldn't go blaming Syd just yet. He isn't designing all of the mecha,
just the new stuff. As far as retoconning I think that would be good old
Kunio Okawara. If you notice the "Borjarnos", or Zaku II's as they would
regularly be called, look a little cartoony compared to the now accepted Zaku
Designs. And don't forget they shrunk the Capule/Kapool. Add to that that
the Bound Doc was probably a prototype... Well let's just say they can
probably rationalize the change in their own minds.

Jason