Kaworu Nagisa (17thangel@tokyo-3.com)
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 22:59:17 -0500

>>You can get shoulder launched anti-tank weapons today with rounds bigger
>>than 100mm, so a 1000mm rounds for a MS isn't out of the question.
>>
>>Tet
>>

>that wasn't really the problem Tet, He said that an EVA HANDGUN was 880mm and
>its brigger guns are size of Battleship guns, now thats ridiculous. even if an
>eva was 40m tall its hangun rounds wouldn't be that big.
>
>- Roger

 Hmm.. "bigger guns"? Are you referring to the Positron Rifle? That output of that thing isn't very consistent.
It appears that the strength of it's blast depends on
the power source. For example, in episode 6, they used
all the power in Japan to fire it. The resulting energy
though, seemed only a match to the 5th Angel's blast.
However, in another instance, Asuka used it to strike
down an orbiting Angel (the one that grilled her mind),
and here, she was able to fire balls of energy consecutively, whereas in ep. 6, it was in a form of a
beam and if I'm not mistaken, Shinji had to wait for a
countdown before he could fire it. I wouldn't really compare it to battleship guns... but then, in SRW, the
PR powered by the mothership is slightly stronger than
the Argama's most powerful cannon. I guess it really
depends on the power source.

-Veilchen