Sun, 31 Oct 1999 20:43:17 -0500

Paul Fields wrote:

> Neil Baumgardner wrote
> > Dont hold it in Paul, let it all out ;)
>
> I will...
>
> > Actually I have to say I like Gato more, but that simply come from
> >seeing 0083
> > first more than anything else. At any rate, Gato is such a 'true
> >believer,' a simple
> > soldier, not caught up on himself. He's simply fighting for his
> >country,
> >as opposed
> > to some genocidal idea of Pax Newtypea.
>
> See that's where your wrong... Gato and Delaz
> were all about Grien Zavi, a guy so bent, even
> his father, and sister betrayed him. A vote for
> Giren Zavi is a vote for Pax Newtypea....

Admitted, but Gato doesnt appear to be so much of a Giren-worshiper as much
as a simple soldier (as opposed to Delaz). Heck he's more of Delaz follower
than of Giren.

> Whereas Char's voting record speaks for itself..
> 0079 Read my lips... No new Zavis...
> 0083 Sunglasses, I need new sunglasses.
> 0087 Federation Tyranny Sucks (Titans)
> 0093 Federation Tyranny Sucks (Feddies)

It's all in the methods. Trying to bombard Earth with asteroids, killing
millions in the process, makes him every bit as bad as Giren, if not more
so. That record certainly speaks for itself.

> 0203 Newtype Tyranny Sucks too...

I hate to admit it, but after CCA, I dont buy the change of heart so much,
but oh well.

> So after the Zavis, symbols of tyranny
> kill his parents Char fights for revenge
> but then after he fights for freedom.

And yet he eventually comes to pursue a goal more heinous than the
oppression he fights.

    Neil