Sun, 31 Oct 1999 15:58:25 -0500

>In a message dated 10/31/99 6:13:59 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
>MasterAsia@MailAndNews.com writes:
>
>> That would be too unfair in my eyes, Gato would be so overpowered by Char
>> without Neue Ziel and Gato would lose no doubt. Even if Char in a Zaku I
>vs.
>>
>> Gato in a gelgoog I still say Char. He's just better in every way compared
>> Gato, no contest.
>
>I didn't know, Gato seems to be a much better soldier than Char. Char has a
>supernatural advantage over Gato, but Gato was still an ace of roughly the
>same caliber as Char. The more I think about a duel between these two, the
>more I would like to see it happen. I think Gato would give Char a run for
>his money. Gato has never relied on any supernatural abilities to win a
>fight, his always used his skills as a pilot and commander. Also, I get the
>impression that Gato is older the Char, and been an MS pilot far longer as of
>0083. Gato has experience, where Char has supernatural ability. In anime,
>ability always seems to win over experience, but that's a cultural thing. In
>the West, Gato should very well be the victor in a duel between himself and
>Char. A straight up Gelgoog on Gelgoog fight would pit experience and skill
>vs supernatural senses and natural ability. I fight I would definitely like
>to see.
>
>Now Kou vs Amuro, Amuro would win hands down. Not because Kou isn't a good
>pilot, or that he just isn't a New Type, but because Amuro is destined to
>always win, regardless of the cost to himself and others. Kou is a true
>"modern" hero, in that he rises to a challenge that is beyond his abilities
>to succeed, and succeeds anyway. Amuro is a "classic" hero, in that he is
>better than all his peers, has a supernatural ability, and is always destined
>to win regardless of cost.
>
>Hmmmh, come to think of it, Gato is very much a modern hero, where Char is a
>classic hero. I guess that is way neither could ever defeat their nemesis,
>since heroes that aren't the main character cannot fight heroes that are, and
>win.
>
>At least, that's the way I see it.
>
>SJ
I the beginning Char didn't even realize he was a newtype, but Char is Faster,
More Cunning and a much better shot, nobady can even touch char in any of the
gundam series Except of course Amuro. Kou the inexperienced pilot though could
 go head to head with Gato thus giving me the impression that char is much
better than Gato.

I also believe that Char outranks Gato, I'm not sure about this one but Char
is a Captain.

Gato in a gelgoog can't beat char in a MS-05 Zaku in my eyes.

- Roger