Jill Christensen (jill_christensen@mcad.edu)
31 Oct 1999 14:09:38 -0600

Are you sure Gato has more experience? Char was on of the first mobile suit pilots and was in combat from the beginning of the war. Gato may be older (check his official age, don't rely on chara designs ^_^) but he couldn't have been a MS pilot any longer than Char. How exactly is Gato a better soldier anyway? Because is fanatically loyal to Delaz and Zeon? And if Gato is a better soldier, why isn't he a tai/captain/colonel at the end of the OYW?

I'd have to say both men a skilled, seasoned pilots and while Gato is more idealistic, Char is a pragmatist and has more personal ambition. Ambition and idealism could either help or hinder a soldier. They also have a different sense of commitment to their ends: Gato would die for the cause, Char would live to fight again (and not kid himself that a colony drop isn't a evil rotten thing to do).