Kaworu Nagisa (17thangel@tokyo-3.com)
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:07:17 -0400

>uhm...excusez ze off topic (again)

>but since 'ghost fighter' was voted back on air in the
>philippines (360,000+ ayes vs. 17,000+ nays)...

 I guess a lot of people here miss "Eugene"... ^^;

>i'm wondering if it's a series that i should take
>notice of and start following (or should i just leave
>it alone in it's "watch on a boring evening before
>dinner" only status?). what do you guys think?

 YYH is nice you know, one of the best series I've seen.
Though, I wasn't entirely satisfied with the local dubbing. A lot lame namechanges, and even a lot more lame mistakes in translation. Imagine, Kurama was pretending to be a girl at the first part of the series? Oh please! And
Hiei screaming "Black Flame Dragon Technique!" when he
uses his Ensatsukokuryuha, when it could be much better
if they used something like "Flaming Black Dragon Wave"
which is much closer. Geez... sorry for the rant, but that's how I feel towards the undeserved mutilation of a great series. On the other hand, the local dubbing isn't
the worst, but I might as well say that I like the dubbing
of Lupin III, Weiss Kreuz/Knight Hunters and Slam Dunk (old dubbing) better - no name changes and the dubbers carry the roles pretty well.

Kaworu Nagisa (aka Veilchen)