MS06ZAK@aol.com
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 08:54:29 EDT

In a message dated 10/27/99 1:46:32 AM Central Daylight Time,
17thangel@tokyo-3.com writes:

<< But I didn't have this problem until I had my PC reformatted due to a
virus attack... could it have something to do with it?

It could be that your 56k modem isn't v.90 compliant in it's original state.
Many different brands of 56k modems were made and sold before a universal
standard was secided upon. Once the standard was created, which is the V.90
thing, then people needed to alter their modems to this standard. My 56k
modem slowed down until I got the V.90 flashing program for it. Now when I
rebuild my computer I just remember to reflash my modem and everything works
out fine.

Jason