Kaworu Nagisa (17thangel@tokyo-3.com)
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 03:06:30 -0400

>>> but it should also be noted that one has to appreciate stuff
>>>like Gundam Wing for the innovations it brought in, like using the sentai
>>>five man idea, or the use of SuperRobot-like designs in Gundam (of course,
>>>I still find the WG0C weird).
>> Um... wasn't it G Gundam that brought in the "sentai"
>>theme in Gundam? Ironically, the five main characters of
>>GW don't show as much unity as the new Shuffle Alliance
>>in GG. Besides, GG came first, and some of it's aspects
>>appear "re-developed" in GW.
>>Kaworu Nagisa (aka Veilchen)
>
>My apologies...you're right on that one...but I feel that GW was the one
>that made it spectacularly so sentai...and shounen/shoujo at the same
>time....
>
>Richard Ramos

 By the way, I also forgot to mention that G Gundam too has more "super robot" mecha designs than GW, most especially that there are more super robot-ish MS in
G than in W... there was even a cameo (I think) of
Zanbot3 in the last episode ^_^;

 As for shounen/shoujo, G Gundam also has it's fair share of these elements. All in all, it's like a shounen-mecha
show, since the martial arts and "guys rulz" stuff prcatically dominate the series. And then we have the
bishonen George, Nobel Gundam, and Domon-Rain romantic
story to represent shoujo. GW's not at all shoujo if
you ask me. What makes it seem shoujo is the 1)character
designs, and 2) most of it's fans are shoujo-yaoi fans.
Aside from these, I don't really see anything shojo about
the story at all. It's just a series with a complex political issues, bishounen, cute girls, and fancy
hero-mecha designs. That's how I see it.

Kaworu Nagisa (aka Veilchen)