James Boren (jboren@earthlink.net)
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 00:05:59 -0700

>Hello folks I'm doing a cutaway of one of the
>retconned RX-78 gundams. I am doing a cutaway
>drawing, I am trying to clean up the one done
>for the original series Gundam but make it go
>with the Perfect Grade RX-78 models out there
>having hatches that open and the like.
>
>I do not have any of the Perfect Grade kits,
>and would appreciate anyone out there who does
>sending me any pics you have of the insides,
>hatches, details, whatever... Once I get the
>Gundam done other cutaways might follow. I've
>got the Gundam, Guntank, Guncannon, Pegasus
>Zaku, Big Zam, Gock and Core Fighter. Maybe
>more but I can't remember them all. I know
>there are a few good retconns I'd like to do
>as cutaway pics...
>
>The other problem is component interchange.
>The Guntank and Guncannon are supposed to
>share common components with the Gundam, but
>none of them look even vaguely alike without
>their armor on...
>
>Question should the Cutaway of the GM look
>a lot like the Gundam with a GM head, or is
>it that much different. You can't see the
>core booster in any of the RX series, so it
>shouldn't be a consideration...
>
>Paul

Good luck! I was thinking about doing something like that too. Anyway, the
PG gundam was very weak in terms of drawings to accompany the kit.
Disappointing. Issue #1 of Dengeki Hobby had a nice photo spread of all the
PG gundam parts and how they went together. You might find it useful. I
would love to see what you have done.

-James