Tue, 26 Oct 1999 09:16:52 -0400

-Z- wrote:

> Or, if you're feeling particularly cruel, set up an auto-responder that
> replies to every message from "lao vang" <dbzlao@hotmail.com> with "Stop
> sending me yours and I'll stop sending you kine" appended to a copy of each
> and every incoming message.

    Uh, if I'm not incorrect, that would be asking for trouble. His system is
obviously
    set to automatically reply to every message coming from the list and yours
would
    be to his. The result could be an exponential response between the two
systems
    as your system replies to his response and then his to yours and so forth.
That
    could be a good way to crash both e-mail systems, or at the least make your

    sysadmin very unhappy with you.

    OTOH, it could be a game of chicken to see who's system crashes first.
Actually
    I'd liken it to MAD, Mutually Assured Destruction. But as we saw in Dr
    Strangelove, if one system is set to to automatically go off (in this case
his),
    deterrance is a dead issue.

    Boy, I sure strayed off that one didnt I, but I think I made my point.

    Neil Baumgardner