Chaos025@aol.com
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 22:26:59 EDT

In a message dated 10/25/99 6:49:45 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
gaijin@i-manila.com.ph writes:

> So how does one vent heat into space? does this mean it has to be like
> three or four times a normal radiating area on earth? or does it require
> special construction? I never thought about it until now.

The easiest way is through raw thrust. You can dump heat by expelling it
through veniers used in movement and attitude adjustment. You can also pass
coolant through hot spots and then run it in contact with the outer skin of
the vehicle, usually in areas where the most surface area is available, like
fins or wings.

SJ