Matt Hanyok (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 18:57:23 -0400

> See my previous post on this subject - V Gundam kits haven't been reissued
> for about 5 years. The fact that HLJ has it in their online catalog does
> not mean they have it in stock, or they can even restock it to fill your
> order. I've had several orders being held back for months because some
kits
> were "backordered" for God knows how long. If you only order newer kits
from
> HLJ then you probably won't experience this, but I've had a standing order
> for about 2 years by now and I still haven't got it. They used to be
pretty
> good at updating their catalog with the skull and crossbone logo to mark
> items that are no longer available, but I guess they haven't done an
update
> for a while.
>
> BTW, with the current exchange rate of approximately 105 yen to a dollar
> and slap on UPS shipping charged by HLJ, don't try to tell me I am ripping
> people off with a $8.00 opening bid.
>
> Eddie

er, sorry dude. I didn't think I came off as angry or anything. I haven't
ordered any of the V kits from HLJ, but I have noticed that when models are
no longer available (IE out of print) they actually remove them from the
listings. When they moved to hlj.com that was one of the things I noticed -
no more skull and crossbones. For example, the "mospeada" page no longer
lists any of the bikes or the recently released limited edition "iron" ones.
I assumed that the new policy is that if it's listed, it's available. and 8
bucks is not a lot. it's a good price.

again, sorry.

Matt "chicks are cool" Hanyok
http://deruberhanyok.freeservers.com/
"Okay, but I'm going to need 10 full kegs, a continuous loop tape of 'Louie,
Louie' and a regulation two-story panty raid ladder." - Bender, Futurama