Harezu_no Ninngyo (mirage_left4@hotmail.com)
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 12:52:35 PDT

>From: Mark Simmons <scorpio@best.com>

> Absolutely. And, like the Zeong and Zeon's psycommu mobile armors, the
>bulk of the psycommu system requires its host to be pretty huge. (The
>Qubeley is the first regular-sized mobile suit to have a true psycommu
>system.) The Psyco Gundam is really the Perfect Zeong in Gundam drag, to
>satisfy the aesthetic dictates of the Federation. (Which doesn't explain
>the Hizack...)

Wo ho! Mark speaks! I havn't seen you here in ages. I've personally been
content lurking and chuckling at the posts :P But since you came out of the
woodworks, I suppose I have to post atleast once.. :P the feddies seem to
have a fetish with Zion MS after the war, they converted numerous for their
own use.. eg: Flying type Gufu, Gelbaldy Beta, Gelgoog Marine (in 0083),
Zaku Mariner, Zaku II Fs (though why they didn't convert the vastly more
powerful FZ version is weird) to name just a few. I don't think they ever
had a real problem with aesthetics (they put up with the Ball for Pete's
sake!), Anaheim is the one with the aesthetics fetish.

> The Psyco Gundam also houses another famously bulky system, the
>Minovsky craft floatation system used by the White Base and Azzam. This
>puppy is so huge that even the Bound Doc (about 1.5 times normal size)
>appears to be unable to accommodate it. We don't see regular-sized mobile
>suits with Minovsky craft systems until the Hathaway novels, two decades
>after the Psyco Gundam was built.

even then.. I don't think the Ksi and the Penelope were that small. I
remember them being quite big, and heavy.. and the Psycho Gundam Mk 2 I
think still holds the record for the heaviest MS of all time.. at something
like 280 tons!

> Oh, it just sorta flies right out of the asteroid Mowsa. No transport
>required, luckily for its owners. :-)
>
> Otherwise, I expect it would just be towed by a ship, like the Zodiac
>and Alpha Aziel.

well the Quin Mantha.. in essence, is still a MS, not an MA.. it has
something those MAs don't.. legs. I don't think the Quin Mantha was built to
compete with the Psycho Gundams.. but the Geymalk and the Doven wolf,
monstrosity in their own right. It is ofcourse.. superior to both.

Eiji