Chris Beilby (cbeilby@hotmail.com)
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 16:31:55 GMT

>geez, now I REALLY want to see Zeta Gundam.... It's like "Hey, that's a Mk
>II, and it's surfing on a wave rider! Sweet!"

In this context, Wave Rider is a simple propulsion sled, equipped with armor
and a heat shield. The Mk. II rode on it by laying down. During the
reentry, the wave rider was large enough that it covered and protected the
Mk. II from the heat of reentry. Likewise, the Zeta Gundam's Mobile Armor
form was called Wave Rider mode, and another MS could ride on it.