Lim Jyue (lim_jyue@pacific.net.sg)
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 20:49:31 +0800

At 20:29 10/25/1999 +0800, you wrote:
>Wouldn't that have been kinda useless as well, since there would be no way
>to atttack? or can you shot through the beam shield if you were the one
>who had it? I suppose the only way for that woud be to use phasing sytems
>for your beam and the shield...kinda like the old machine guns they used in
>biplanes...

        Opps. Goes to show you should *really* let your brain catch up with
your mouth (or fingers) before you say anything.

        Yeah, or maybe the shield can be dropped just for a while?

        Talking about this, since IIRC the GP04O keeps the I-field up all
the time, how does it fire it's beam cannon? Or is that the reason why the
barrel is so long -- to extend beyond the field itself?

>Hmmm..perhaps that part of the shield used pretty tough metal...

        Considering what a beam rifle shot can do to a captial ship, I
somehow doubt that.. or maybe the I-field generator shaping the beam shield
protect it from beam weapons?

        I should check this up, but here's a wild-ass theory: The beam
shield uses I-fields to contain and shape the beam energy, right? So the
I-field deflects the beams, while the beam energy detonates and melts the
projectiles and missiles. This still won't solve the kinetic energy problem
though..