garrick lee (kapshiaw@yahoo.com)
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 05:36:51 -0700 (PDT)

> << but
> what can we expect? after all, if schools in the US
> can dare to even think about censoring shakespeare
> and
> mark twain and the classics...they can probably get
> away with anything to what they think is a cheap
> oriental cartoon. >>
>
> They censor the classics? I've noticed this for
> awhile, the US censors seem
> to be getting out of control. At least Gundam is
> being released on video
> subbed and unedited by AnimeVillage.

erhm...i have no concrete and hard evidence or
articles to show for saying that the US wants to
censor shakespeare and twain, so you if no one's
comfortable taking my word for it, don't. ;)

but i DO know it's true, since the issue has cropped
up on several online communities i frequent. i
believe it's twain's use of "nigger" or some such
non-politically correct term. and issues of
homosexuality in some classics. the whole ruckus is
mainly spouting from public schools...riding on the
tail of public school shootings that are rapidly
becoming hip.

censorship is for the dogs. :P

american censors may be getting out of hand, but can't
compare to the philippine marcos era. you couldn't
even stay out late. they apparently censor fun, too.

-garrick

=====