Kaworu Nagisa (17thangel@tokyo-3.com)
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 06:08:07 -0400

>uh, master asia...
>
>so i guess i'm a second rate fan for being flown in by
>g wing? that's what you're saying? i'm a gibbering
>newbie who will never appreciate the u.c. saga because
>i was brainless enough to be spoiled on g wing? just
>because i'm new to gundam and i found a few things to
>like about g wing doesn't mean i'm a brainless newbie.
> would shakespeare's contemporaries, if they still
>lived, scorn us 20th century people for being a few
>centuries late to the classics?
>
>before you glorify "originality", you should realize
>that all the themes and plots in the world have
>probably been done before with more than 10,000 years
>of human history, and not even the original gundam
>series is, well, "original" in that sense. not to
>mention that u.c. gundam repeats the basic themes
>ANYWAY. originality, as i often say, is overrated.
>
>look, i understand this issue of "nostalgia" for the
>old timer fans. heck knows i'm an old-timer gamer of
>dungeons and dragons and i'm nostalgic about the "good
>ol' days". but looking down on newcomers doesn't
>really do anything for the gundam saga, just as my
>looking down on ad&d 3rd edition isn't going to do any
>good.
>
>everyone has to start somewhere. even you were a
>newbie, one time or another, in some hobby or another.
>
>as a gundam newbie, i know i don't appreciate this
>looking down. as a veteran of other hobbies, i don't
>look down on newbies -- in fact, i welcome them. if
>you don't like g wing, that's ok. but stop implying
>that it's for morons only.
>
>-garrick
>ok i'm grumpy tonight...

 Huh? But I thought Master Asia was actually defending GW?
Oh well... in my POV, "Gundam" just wouldn't be complete
if there's no G, W, X, and even Turn-A. I mean, no matter how bad these series may seem to some, especially the UC fans, these series are nevertheless official, as well as over with (except for Turn-A of course). There's really nothing any of us could do about it... even if we can do something like prevent it from airing anywhere, it just wouldn't be fair to people who might actually appreciate these series better. In my opinion, ugliness never ceases to be an opinion unless every single mind that is capable of judging beauty says it is so. Just my opinion...

 By the way, that was very well said Garrick ^_^

Kaworu Nagisa (aka Veilchen)