garrick lee (kapshiaw@yahoo.com)
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 18:32:36 -0700 (PDT)

> > i don't know what it means to "prime" the
> models...
>
> Heh, neither do I. I think it involves coating the
> model with a primer so
> that the paints don't run or glob up. That's some
> serious paint work though,
> and I've never bothered to do it. It does, however,
> take away the "plastic"
> look that some kits suffer from.

well...paint doesn't really stick to some plastic, and
definitely doesn't stick well to metal. warhammer
metal miniatures definitely need priming to provide
your paints a nice painting surface...to which it will
stick to.

gundam plastic, i've found, doesn't really require
primer. unless you're painting over a darker color
with a lighter color (then you'll need white primer to
cover up the dark color) but after painting warhammer
miniatures, the last thing i want to do is paint a
gundam. those panel lines are a pain. :P

-garrick

=====