Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 05:20:48 +0800

>I agree, I was cultured on a steady diet of Wing when I first started before
>graduating to the UC stuff(god I love Zeta,0083 and CCA). Though, looking
>back, I dont see what I originally saw in GW(sorta like looking back at old
>cartoons,i used to watch Thundercats,but when they show it now,im not
>enthusiastic about it).
>-Jimbo

I find GW to be more glitzy, and more spectacular in terms of flagrant
anime physics. But in story, it was more of a joyride, rather than the
multi-level space opera that is the trademark of the UC timeline.
Ultimately, the difference is in the state of the genre at the time it was
released -- note the differences between the old Gatchaman, and the new
Gatchaman OAV, as well as the old Getta and the new Shin Getta.

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter
ICQ#12914919